Maybe If Your Punctuation Didn't Suck…
When you’re looking for a job and you are presenting yourself to a prospective employer, it’s imperative that you present yourself in the best light. That includes making sure your spelling and punctuation are flawless.
Dude? You messed up. The word “freakin'” should have an apostrophe at the end, indicating the lack of a final “g” in the word. Like walkin’ and talkin’ and bitchin’ and whinin’ and failin’ votin’ for Palin.
Your lack of spelling prowess is not President Obama’s fault!
Place the blame where the blame lies, sir.
Let this be a lesson to the rest of you.
And while we’re at it…
The contraction for “you are” is “you’re” — not “your.”
“Their” is a possessive, “there” is a location and “they’re” is a contraction for “they are.”
“Too,” meaning “also” ALWAYS has two “o’s”. “To” is a direction.
And when someone corrects your spelling, it doesn’t mean they’re trying to indicate they’re smarter than you are. In most cases, they’re trying to keep you from making a simple mistake that makes you look uneducated. If you are proud of being uneducated, then you ARE stupid.
Don’t get me started.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Don’t be So Possessive (bcmom.livejournal.com)
- There is no apostrophe in Maatkit (xaprb.com)
- Yes, spelling matters for screenwriting (viciousimagery.blogspot.com)
- Common Spelling / Grammar Mistakes (mneylon.com)
- Tory literacy standards fall (newstatesman.com)
- National Grammar Day 2010: Resources And The WORST Grammar Mistakes Ever (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Apostrophes and Plurals Don’t Mix (ryanmcintyre.com)
- The Writer Exciter: Possessive Apostrophes & Other Relationship Problems (litopia.com)